Duration: 5 days
Location: Alfaisal University
Time: from 5:00 to 9:00 P.M.
||Non AU Students
||Saudi Council of Engineers (SCE) Members
Workshop summary: Leed Green Associate
This workshop provides a detailed review of sustainable building and the LEED v4 Rating System and certification process. Using the credit category structure of LEED, sustainable building goals, strategies and measurements are presented and analysed through numerous real-world examples. Important terms and concepts are defined and regulations and incentives related to each credit category are discussed.
- Describe the structure of the LEED rating system and the overall LEED
- certification process
- Understand major changes in the LEED v4
- Describe key green building concepts and goals associated with LEED
- Recognize successful LEED strategies and measurements for achieving goals
- Describe the central role of integrative design
- Identify and explain synergies between LEED credit categories and strategies
- Outline the process for achieving a LEED GA credential
The materials included in this training course are designed to help you pass your LEED Green Associate exam the first time. The workshop covers all Knowledge Domains that reflect all the LEED rating systems credit categories and what one needs to know. These topics follow the exam outline from the LEED Green Associate Candidate Handbook, and mirror the content of the actual LEED exam.
Who should attend:
- LEED Process
- Integrative Strategies
- Location and Transportation
- Sustainable Sites
- Water Efficiency
- Energy and Atmosphere
- Materials and Resources
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Project Surroundings and Public Outreach
Students, faculty, and Professionals
Mohammed S. Al Surf, Ph.D,
Dr. Mohammed Al Surf
Regional Manager for USGBC
Mohammed S. Al Surf, holder of PhD. in Sustainable and Green Construction, Regional Manager and Market Development for the U.S. Green Building Council in Saudi Arabia, LEED Faculty.
Author of the book titled “Sustainable Housing in Saudi Arabia:
Opportunities & Challenges”. Member of several local and international professional entities such as the Saudi Council of Engineers (SCE), the Pacific Rim Real-Estate Society (PRRES), Asian Real-Estate Society (AsRES) and Project Management Institute (PMI). He is dedicated to applying a systematic approach to Green Construction and Sustainable methods applied on projects in Saudi Arabia to induce quality of life while preserving the depleting supply of natural resources.
Ms. Dana AlNasser
00 966 112157679 (direct)