Product Design and Development Unit (PDDU) is another endeavor that aligns the university closer to its vision of contributing to the continuous development of Saudi Arabia. In collaboration with Ultimate Solutions, PDDU provides advanced training programs on product design and virtualization using state of the art software modeling tools, CNC machines, 3D scanning, and 3D printing. The training falls under the umbrella of the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) paradigm. PLM was adopted by most of the advanced manufacturing companies in the world as a process of managing the entire lifecycle of a product from inception, through engineering design and manufacture, to service and disposal of manufactured products.
- To train Alfaisal University students on the latest systems design and simulation technologies by leveraging the center’s training assets in the fields of study and scientific research. This will give them a competitive advantage, and it will help meet some of the needs of the Saudi market for systems design and simulation engineers.
- To offer certified advanced training programs in product design and simulation for educational, industrial, and governmental sectors.
- To constitute an advanced consulting center in the fields of industrial mold and spare parts manufacturing.
- To constitute an incubator for emerging factories and companies that adopts the PLM paradigm.
The center will provide certified training programs in the areas of
- CNC / CAM Programing
- Industrial Creative Design
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Reverse Engineering and Quality Inspection (Registration is open)
- Mold Tool Design
- Unified Finite Element Analysis
- CATIA V5 Mechanical Design Fundamentals certification (Registration is open)
PDF Link: Product Design & Development