Alfaisal University has a scholarship program available to graduate students. The world's best universities recruit the world's finest students. Supporting such students so that they can focus and excel in their studies and research is thus vital to the success of the institution. Numerous students have graduated from the thesis based programs and many scientific papers have been published. Times Higher Education (THE) 2018 ranked Alfaisal University in the top 150 of the best young universities in the world under 50 years old. The following outlines the scholarship opportunities available to new students applying to Alfaisal, please note that scholarships are yearly based and are awarded at the beginning of each academic year.
University Scholarships for Thesis Program Students
(Approved by UC 6 Feb 2018)
Thesis-based graduate programs are an essential factor in allowing Alfaisal University to achieve its vision to be a world-class research university. University Scholarships for Thesis Program Students are designed to help self-funded graduate students to stay in university in order to complete their program. The selection process, & the number & value of the Scholarships will be determined by the Office of Research & Graduate Studies (ORG) in consultation with the Research & Graduate Studies Council (RGC), the Finance Office and Senior University Administration.
- Support is provided for thesis option programs only.
- Scholarships will cover up to 50% of the overall Tuition Fees
- Scholarships granted will take effect in the second academic year of the program
- Scholarships are only for students who do not hold any other grants/ scholarships.
- Eligible students must apply for KACST graduate research grant funds before the end of the first year.
- Students receiving a scholarship shall spend 10 hrs per week in year two to participate in teaching (TA) and/or research (RA) activities for the respective department or college.
Scholarships Coverage (of Tuition Fees):
Master: up to 50%
Scholarship Rules and Regulations:
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid may terminate a scholarship on the recommendations of the College, and the Scholarships Committee, under the following conditions:
- Unsatisfactory academic progress.
- Not maintaining the minimum Cumulative GPA required for scholarship coverage.
- Personal or disciplinary issues that prevent continued attendance as reported by the respective College.
- Voluntary termination of the scholarship and withdrawal from the University
- Non completion of any incomplete (I) courses in a timely manner.
- Thesis option students receiving a scholarship must pay the full 100K SAR tuition fee in the first year (i.e. 50K each semester) in order to be eligible to receive the award in the second year. There are no fees payable in the second year. This means that the overall fees for a thesis program student receiving a scholarship and fulfilling all conditions is 100K SAR.